Sunday, October 12, 2008

My First Post!!

Well, well, how about this??!! --- I've finally joined in the land of bloggers! Never thought i'd see the day, but here it is. It was not without a LOT of frustration, as all this techie code and stuff is totally new to me. I will slowly be adding things as i figure them out. So bear with me.

I always thought blogging was silly and did not understand why anyone would want to aimlessly yatter away to whomever would listen. But, life always seems so hectic and hurried, so i figured this could be a great way to let those family and friends who i do not email on a regular basis (and those i do, of course) see what is going on in our little ole world here in Las Vegas. I can more easily let the Grandparents get shots of our days, instead of waiting for the pictures to end up in a digital layout. Because with limited time these days, i do not get to scrap as much as i would prefer.

Although Adventures in Oliverland will have a lot to do with what goes on in our life with Oliver, it will also be a great place to show off some of my digital scrapbook pages and photography. I am totally an amateur photographer, but love it nonetheless, and maybe someday i will be able to perfect my skills a bit more with some classes and training.


This time of year is so hectic for me! We just got back from visiting family in Mobile. Now that we are back i have been in the throes of planning Oliver's 4th birthday party, then we have Halloween. Then Thanksgiving. Then Christmas...arghhhh!! I usually am a pretty organized gal, but i do tend to get stressed as i can be a bit of a perfectionist, and too many things swirling in my head make me dizzy! But hang on, and join me in our adventures on this little ride called life!!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Welcome to the land of blogging! Glad to see you got things up and working! :)

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Congrats on your blog. I'm still not there yet. I always check out the blog update thread.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late with this post..but congratulations, Tami! Your first post is super nice, and we are looking forward to seeing lots more. It is really nice to view photographs of "Adventures in Oliverland"..The wonderful photos of family activity help us, as family members across the miles, to keep connected with the goings on in "Oliverland". I'm really glad you now have a blog..it is great! :)