Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

The day I thought would never arrive...arrived. Our little boy started kindergarten today! As a sometimes scrapbooker and avid photographer (albeit amateur), I always envisioned how that day would begin, with me snapping photo after photo of our little one from behind, backpack in tow, as he stepped onto the yellow schoolbus that would take him away into the real world. Me, blubbering like most Mothers tend to do on that day. Me, coming into the quiet house, wondering what on earth I would do with all the free time I had dreamed about for years.

Contrary to all my thoughts of how this day would go down, none of these happened. In fact, not even one tear was shed.

After contemplating the idea of homeschooling for months, it was now reality. Our day began like any other "in the real world," except instead of the schoolbus pictures and lots of crying, we shuffled our boy into the backyard for a few photos to mark the day.

Oliver ~ 5 years old

Taking the road less-travelled is a bit scary, however, there are many who have paved the way for us with fabulous results and a wealth of information to assist us in this endeavor. We have a long list of reasons for why we decided to homeschool, and I have no doubt this is the right path for our family. I am so excited to begin our new journey together, and Oliver is even more thrilled. Whether you agree with our decision or not, thank you to everyone who has supported us in our choice!!

No comments: