Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back on the Blog!

Wow. It has been 2 months since I have blogged! The last few months have been a bit harried, but things are starting to slow down enough where I can get in a few words. So many things have happened, but I will squeeze them in bit by bit, here and there. However, my first post back will be some fun and exciting stuff...

After a short hiatus I have actually had time to get back into my digital scrapbooking. Sometimes a little break is all that is needed to help get the creative juices flowing. I was able to produce FOUR layouts this last week. For me, that is a LOT. Not that I get anything done any more quickly, but sometimes I get lucky and the perfect pictures and thoughts hit me. Thwack!!! It worked out well! Today, this next layout, Breathe Deep, was featured at today's gallery standouts!! I am just so dang tickled I can't even tell you! This is a picture of Oliver at the beach in Gulf Shores, AL this past September. Normally I have the hardest time coming up with words that feel right, but this time I was struck by the beauty of the picture and the words (though few) just flowed...I LOVE the end result, too:

CREDITS: From Vinnie Pearce at Pixel Canvas--Baby's Breath paper (blended) and Page Mask. From Designer Digitals--Anna Aspnes-Monoblendz Oceana and Kakao papers (blended and clipped), Distressed Tool Set 3, 12 x 12 Distressed Edge Overlays 5, Katie Pertiet-Drop Shadows.

I love to experiment with different scrapping styles, and this is my attempt at the minimalist look that I really admire. Normally I have a hard time with this as I prefer my pictures to be BIG and the main focus of the layout, without a bunch of "stuff." However, I was very pleased with how this one turned out:

Leaves in Winter

Credits: From Designer Digitals--Katie Pertiet-Little Paper Leaves, Drop Shadows, Lynn Grieveson-Essential Bases, Anna Aspnes-Autumnal brushes and Scanty Journal Lines 3, Pattie Knox-Brad Bonanza and Staple Its. From Catscrap--Creashens-As I Am (papers).



Back to an easy style of letting the photo do all the work:

'lil Flap Hat

Credits: From Designer Digitals--Mindy Terasawa-Smilin' at Me Solids, Lynn Grieveson-In Distress, Pattie Knox-heart brad from Have Heart Felt, Anna Aspnes- 12x12 Edge overlays 6. The template I used is #46 by LizDesigns.


And lastly, this one was for the photo-tinting challenge over at 2PeasInABucket. This is more my usual style with lots of blending. Just Oliver being all sweet and sharing during our Valentine's Day 2007 Photo Shoot.


A Joy Shared

CREDITS:From Designer Digitals--Lynn Grieveson-Hint at It 3 and paper from Blue Water Kit (clipping mask), Pattie Knox-Hang Its and Staple Its, Anna Aspnes-Distressed Edges 3 and Distressed Tool Set 5. From Vinnie Pearce at Pixel Canvas--papers from Naturals and The Typography Corner (blended together), little heart from gemstone frame. And from Fei-Fei's Stuff-Joy Wordart.

Well, I will have to leave it at this for today. Dinnertime is calling...

No comments: